Much Music VJ search 2009 VOTE CHANTELLE "Moleek" MOLLICA for your new VJ!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Week one

Motivation is a fickle thing. One minute I feel like I'm beaming with intent, purpose and, dare I say it, hope for success! Then I think about the deep, burning breathes, aching garbage bags of sand...err... I mean legs and sheer embarrassment of clearly showing failure every 2 minutes to every civilian and passing car.

Ohhhhh IS THERE NO MERCY! Every time I see a runner merrily basking in a sweaty gratifying jog I have to blurt out a pathetic "whyyyyyyyy?!? Why can't I just do that?!"
Ohh well, I'm getting there! Despite the many many many many, (did I say endless?) amounts of distractions and little voices telling me " why do you bother?" I've been getting in my daily 2 mile nightmare.
WOW for an optimist I sure sound dull, cynical and depressing don't I!

I can't lie to you...stranger... the day after I began the blog I didn't run. I couldn't bring myself to accept my commitment. But then I realized THERE I GO AGAIN, this time I have given up and given in before I had barely begun! No no no, this is not happening. I am a changed WOMAN, CHANGED and this is my first and most painful transition I'm sure.

So as I would slowly jog along the sidewalk of a familiar street I would beg every stop light to cut me some slack so I could rest lazily at the corner waiting for that oddly scrutinizing white walking man light to appear and command me to continue my torture.

well command no farther! I did it didn't I? Geeze. Even if I did walk, ohhh I'd say a good 80% of the way. Hey, it could be worse.

Until next time I lace up, ohh err... I guess tonight.

signed the light hearted and lead footed....

No comments:

Post a Comment